We are looking for an engineer to join our Engineering Department in Athens. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp on the practical application of engineering fundamentals and has the drive to pursue individual expertise and expand knowledge in the field of rotating equipment.
As this is a focal figure in the development team, the senior engineer will interact closely with all relevant stakeholders — including supply chain, suppliers, and manufacturers— to ensure all cross-functional requirements are met.
You are self-driven, detail oriented, a good team player, able to handle multiple project assignments, and be willing to learn, adapt and contribute in a fast-paced product development and engineering organization.
- Work with other specialists to define specification requirements, including the best suitable machine architecture for reliability, durability, and inspection.
- Ensure all applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API, ISO, etc. are satisfied.
- Conduct engineering analysis and calculations to define and optimize all critical design parameters for duty specification.
- Ensure consistency through the whole gas process loop and for all operation scenarios.
- Create 2D and 3D CAD models to support closing basic and detailed engineering work.
- Create accurate, complete, and concise engineering documentation to define rotating equipment specifications and requirements.
- This includes general requirements, specific project or product operating duty, inspection, verification, certification, and test plans.
- Write and present project development status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Manage equipment engineering schedules and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Upload and update engineering documents in a Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Coordinate design changes with the Project Management team.
- Strictly follow all established company policies including EHS policies.
Who are you?
- You have at least a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have a minimum of five years working experience in mechanical engineering (preferably in marine applications).
- You have knowledge of typical design solutions of rotating equipment.
- You can demonstrable analytical abilities with strong attention to detail and a solution-oriented mindset.
- You possess the ability to analyze the results of calculations and independently make design decisions.
- You hold dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You like working in a team.
- You have experience in hands-on rotating equipment engineering.
- You have a good understanding of lubrification systems and bearing, seals and gearbox technologies.
- You possess knowledge of material properties, manufacturing processes and Rapid Prototyping technology (AM).
- You’ve gained professional experience in the use of Solidworks or Catia, and ANSYS Mechanical will be highly advantageous.
What we offer you
- A one-year fixed contract.
- An excellent competitive salary scheme based on knowledge and experience, and great secondary terms of employment.
- We actively support your development to grow within your position and the organization.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to bring in your own ideas to realize growth for yourself, the department, and the organization.
- Regular visits & travel required to clients and project sites in Greece and abroad.
How to apply
Are you ready to step aboard and help TRESIOS grow even further? Send your motivation letter together with your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy or the procedure? Feel free to ask them and contact Nikolaos Malissovas at email@example.com.